My talk "Data Driven Community Management" delivered on November 18, 2015 during the SF Online Community Meetup Group.
LonePlacebo is a technology blog I launched in late 2009. I blog about the latest news on companies like Apple, Facebook, and Google, and share tips and tutorials on how to be more productive with technology.
Here are some of the blog posts I've enjoyed writing the most:
- Facebook’s Mobile Strategy: Strangle, Buy, Copy
- Mick D’Angelo, 8, Sells Funnly to Blackberry for Millions
- Steve Jobs: Visionary, Showman, and Icon
- The Productivity with Technology Paradox
My writing has also been featured on several popular blogs including Lifehacker, Kikolani, Hack College, Daily Blog Tips, and TouchMyApps.
- Reclaim Dropbox Space By Migrating Your Photos to Another Service
- How to Be Frugal in College
- How to Start a Blog in 7 Days
- Bloggers These Days
- Breaking News: iPod Touch "P" to Be Introduced in Sept. 9th Event
I co-hosted a 19-episode podcast called the PlaceboCast with Joseph Chang, where we discuss the latest tech news that you need to hear about. Here is a list of some of our best episodes.
Web Design & Development
Check out some of the web apps I've built at labs.tonyhue.com
Community Grows (2010)
Community Grows is an environmental education program serving high-needs youth, especially those living in public housing in San Francisco. After transferring their original website from Blogger to WordPress, I designed a custom website theme complete with a home, donation, and blog page.
Peter Hue - SF Tax Preparer (2011)
Built a website for my dad's tax preparation business.
As a Graphic Design Intern at the UC Irvine Social Sciences Academic Resource Center (SSARC) during the 2010-11 academic school year, I helped design print ads to promote upcoming events and workshops. My designs can be found at Carbonmade