LonePlacebo is a mobile and web technology blog I started in 2010 and maintained until 2015. I covered a range of topics including the latest news and developments from companies like Apple, Facebook, and Google, and shared tips and tutorials on how to be more productive with technology.
Here's a compilation of blog posts I enjoyed writing the most (my greatest hits if you will):
- Facebook’s Mobile Strategy: Strangle, Buy, Copy
- Mick D’Angelo, 8, Sells Funnly to Blackberry for Millions
- Steve Jobs: Visionary, Showman, and Icon
- The Productivity with Technology Paradox
- Upgrading my MacBook Pro with a Crucial M500 SSD
My writing has also been featured on several popular blogs including Lifehacker, Kikolani, Hack College, Daily Blog Tips, and TouchMyApps.
- Reclaim Dropbox Space By Migrating Your Photos to Another Service
- How to Be Frugal in College
- How to Start a Blog in 7 Days
- Bloggers These Days
- Breaking News: iPod Touch "P" to Be Introduced in Sept. 9th Event
I co-hosted a 19-episode podcast called the PlaceboCast with Joseph Chang, where we discuss the latest tech news that you need to hear about. Here is a list of some of our best episodes.
"Data Driven Community Management" presentation delivered on November 2015 at the SF Online Community Meetup.
Web Design & Development
Check out some of the web apps I've built at labs.tonyhue.com
Community Grows (2010)
Community Grows is an environmental education program serving high-needs youth, especially those living in public housing in San Francisco. After transferring their original website from Blogger to WordPress, I designed a custom website theme complete with a home, donation, and blog page.
Peter Hue - SF Tax Preparer (2011)
A website I built for my dad's tax preparation business.
As a Graphic Design Intern at the UC Irvine Social Sciences Academic Resource Center (SSARC) during the 2010-11 academic school year, I helped design print ads to promote upcoming events and workshops. My designs can be found at Carbonmade